2006-10-11

Fall tour 2006: Ontario...


















So after months of working like a crazy person at SOPREF LOCAL + finishing the recording + booking, I am finally on the road! Malcolm and his band featuring Steve Dagg (Pawa Up First/Hyposmics), and from Cape Breton, Alicia Penney (Yellow, Tom Fun Orchestra) and Lachie MacDonald (Horses, Great Plains) are on tour with me and we are having a great time.

We played at End Hits in Ottawa on the 9th which was a unique experience. It was basically a basement show under a really cool music store. The kids were super quiet which was nice but a bit stressful since I didn't have a chance to practice for this tour at all. It went really well and the next day we played The Alex P Keaton in London which is a bar that I love. We played with Great Aunt Ida, Ida being the sweet girl that books The Main and The Sugar Refinery in Vancouver. She has an adorable voice.

Today, we played in Hamilton at the Casbah which was ok. Not many people showed up but that's normal since it was a long weekend and people are probably sick of going out. I'm staying with my friend Marc who lives in Burlington. I think we hadn't seen each other in more than seven years! It's always nice to catch up.

Tomorrow, Toronto... Exclaim! Party! and then O'Grady's... fun fun fun!